Eliminating flooding in Bent Green Court in Legend Oaks, and two locations in Archdale subdivision are among the seven stormwater projects totally $1,260,000 approved by Dorchester County Council.
Dorchester County Council unanimously approved the projects Tuesday.
Here are the projects:
- Install 250 feet of 5-foot stacked block wall to solve erosion problem and stabilize drainage channel in Clemson Terrace. Cost: $250,000.
- Replace bridge at Sandy Pines with double box culvert to eliminate washouts from storm flow. Cost: $175,000.
- Stabilize channel through Grace Lutheran Church property easement to correct current erosion and prevent future erosion. Cost: $40,000.
- Rebuildthe road an ddrainage system at Botany Bay Court in Archdale subdivision to imrove drainage and eliminate flooding. Cost: $130,000.
- Modify drainage and road at Lewisfield Drive and Scottswood intersection in Archdale subdivision to eliminate flooding. Cost: $125,000.
- Install 275 feet of sheet piling bulkhead wall at Edisto River Road and Edisto River to preserve road from encroachment of the river due to flood. Cost: $525,000.
- Modify current drainage at Bent Green Court in Legends Oaks to eliminate the flooding problem. Cost: $15,000.
Council had no discussion on Tuesday's vote.