Notes on Votes: Summerville Town Council May 9
See how your elected officials voted.
Summerville Town Council met for its regular meeting Wednesday at town hall.
Here is a summary of votes:
- Council unanimously gave second and final reading to an ordinance rezoning 101 W. Butternut Road from B-3 General Business to Public Lands. This is the land slated for the new fire station.
- Council unanimously gave second and final reading to an ordinance amending Article V, Division 2 of town code entitled "Purchasing." Before the vote Councilman Bob Jackson said, "It's easy to get used to using somebody and not looking outside and we should spread our patronage around town."
- Council unanimously gave first reading to an ordinance (by title only) to authorize the Mayor to execute a quit-claim deed to Foster Smith for a portion of the S. Hickory Street right-of-way.
- Council unanimously gave first reading of an ordinance to authorize the Mayor to accept and execute a quit-claim deed from the Summerville Business Center Owner’s Association.
- Council unanimously authorized the Mayor and Chief of Police to Execute a Mutual Aid Agreement and Inter-Jurisdictional Agreement with Dorchester County for Law Enforcement Services.
- Council unanimously approved of the 2012 Community Development Block Grant Annual Action Plan.
Edited May 14 to correctly attribute quote regarding purchasing vote to Councilman Bob Jackson. It was erroneously attributed to Bill McIntosh.