Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
School Crime Report: May 8
See incidents reported at Dorchester Two schools.
Ashley Ridge High
- On April 13 at Summerville High's track, theft from a vehicle was reported. The person making the report said she had left her car there during the Relay for Life event, leaving her wallet underneath her driver's seat. She reported $200 missing.
- A 12-year-old juvenile was arrested April 17 for disturbing schools at Oakbrook Middle School.
- A simple assault and disorderly conduct were reported April 18 at Ashley Ridge High. The on-duty school resource officer was alerted to a fight, which led to the arrest of one student. The student was charged with assault third degree and disorderly conduct.
- A simple assault was reported April 19 at Ashley Ridge High. According to te incident report, the assault allegedly occured in class. One student took a writing pen and rubbed it against the desk until it became hot. He then allegedly touched it to the other student's neck causing a small burn. The victim's parent declined to press charges.
- Summerville Police filed a suspicious activity incident report April 20 in response to Summerville High Assistant Principal Lessie Penn requesting their presence. According to the report, a student reported inappropriate touching by another, older student. No arrests were made.
- Another inappropriate touching was reported April 26 at Summerville High. According to the incident report, the victim said a boy allegedly tried to force a kiss on her. The incident was caught on tape, and did not show enough evidence to support the claim, according to the report.
, Dorchester County Sheriff
, Oakbrook Middle
, School Crime Report
, Summerville High
, and Summerville Police