Boeing of North Charleston and Scout Boats of Summerville have made the short list for the state's Manufacturer of the Year.
The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce presents the annual Manufacturer of the Year Awards.
All nominees and winners will be honored before an audience of fellow manufacturers and business leaders at the Manufacturer of the Year Awards Luncheon, presented by Nexsen Pruet LLC, Aug. 29 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Columbia. To register or sponsor, visit www.scchamber.net.
- Allied Air Enterprises, Orangeburg
- The Boeing Company, North Charleston
- Carolina Ingredients Inc., Rock Hill
- Cytec Industries, Inc., North Augusta
- Domtar Corporation, Fort Mill
- Holcim (US) Inc., Holly Hill
- Lockhart Power Company, Lockhart
- Meritor, Manning
- Procter & Gamble Duracell Manufacturing, Lancaster
- Scout Boats Inc., Summerville
- Sumter Packaging, Sumter
The chamber's Manufacturer of the Year awards program recognizes companies that strive for manufacturing excellence, have a positive economic impact, remain committed to workforce development and are outstanding community stewards.
"The South Carolina Chamber of Commerce is proud these nominees are located in South Carolina, advancing our state's vital manufacturing industry. We honor them for their commitment to providing excellent jobs, giving back to the communities they operate in and producing quality products," said Otis Rawl, president and CEO of the South Carolina Chamber.