Alleged drug dealers are in custody after a three-month investigation led to their arrests Tuesday.
The Dorchester County Metro Narcotics Unit, which consists of detectives of the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office and the Summerville Police Department, conducted two search warrants on two adjacent properties Tuesday. The locations were 185 and 187 Pigeon Bay Road.
The search warrants, dubbed Operation Sandlot, was a result of a three-month investigation on the illegal drug and liquor sales occurring on the two properties. Twelve were arrested in the sweep.
The investigation was initiated by multiple controlled buys utilizing confidential informants. The Charleston County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Unit, The Charleston Regional DEA Task Force, and Summerville Police Department K-9 Unit aided in the operation and the investigation.
Drugs allegedly seized as a result of the operation:
- Marijuana: 140.4 grams
- Cocaine: 0.9 grams (3.0 grams of suspected sent to the lab for ID)
- Cocaine Base: 5.3 grams
- Heroin: 2.5 grams (9 bindles)
- Liquor: 27 bottles
The search warrants netted the following arrests:
- Steven Lama Limehouse, charged with five counts of distribution of crack cocaine, two counts of distribution of cocaine and a family court bench warrant for child support
- Angelo Campbell, charged with two counts of distribution of cocaine base and outstanding warrant for drug possession
- Jermaine Ancrum, charged with two counts of distribution of cocaine base
- Horatio Maurice Haynes, charged with distribution of cocaine base
- Walter Jenkins, charged with illegal sale of liquor
- Robert Devaine Ancrum, charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana
- James Davis, charged with possession of cocaine and possession with the intent to distribute marijuana
- Santwain Bryant, charged with simple possession of marijuana
- Antwaun Willis, charged with simple possession of marijuana
- Ronald Gadsden, charged with open container
- Baptista Eason, charged with possession of drug paraphernalia
- Howard Davis, charged with possession of drug paraphernalia