See incidents reported at Dorchester County schools.
- A student was discovered to allegedly possess a red Swiss Army knife while at school May 11. School administration followed up with suspension and expulsion hearings.
- School administrators reported a 17-year-old student at acting in a strange manner as if on drugs May 14. Deputies arrived, but the mother was called who allegedly took the student to rehab. According to the report, the student may have smoked "spice" laced with "bath salts," . Deputies reported scabs on the student's face that looked "like he had been scratching his face until it started bleeding."
- A student was arrested for "repeated punching" another student in the face in a hallway May 14. The alleged aggressor was charged with third degree assault and public disorderly conduct.
- An assault between a 19-year-old man and a female student was reported May 15. According to a witness, the suspect used his hands to strike the victim in the face in the school's parking lot. The victim told the officer that her boyfriend called while she was in school and asked her to meet in the parking lot, where they got into an argument and he allegedly struck her. The victim declined to press charges and said she has an 18-month-old son with the suspect.
- A stolen cell phone was reported May 16 at Summerville High. Deputies recovered the cell phone at .
- Two students were arrested for disorderly conduct May 17 at Ashley Ridge High. According to the incident report, the two students were at lunch and one of them was watching pornography on an electronic device. When the other student asked if he could watch too, a fight followed.
- A $400 cell phone was reported stolen by a student at Ashley Ridge High May 17.
- An Ashley Ridge High teacher reported finding a picture of male genitalia ejaculating with a message of "Mr. Penis Wants to be Your Friend" May 17. The teacher said the picture was placed under the door of her classroom while the door was locked. Security camera footage was not available due it not working correctly, according to the report.
- A simple assault was reported May 17 at Summerville High. According to administrators, two subjects attacked a victim. According to the report, the school suspended one pending an expulsion hearing and suspended the other for the rest of the year.
- Officers were alerted to a parent confrontation in front of May 17. According to the incident report, a woman driving stopped her vehicle to allow a woman and her daughter to cross the street. The pedestrian then began yelling obscenities at the driver, and yelling at her to slow down, according to the report. The driver reported the pedestrian then chased her. She also reported the pedestrian was "waiting for her" at the school drop-off line. The driver told police she pulled up past her to drop her child off near a teacher. The pedestrian allegedly berated the driver again. No arrests or charges were made.
- 17-year-old Savon Thomas Ledford was arrested for fighting in public May 18 at Summerville High.
- A Summerville High student was arrested and charged with assault and battery third degree May 18. According to the officer, he observed a fight where the suspect beat and kicked the victim in the lunchroom.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now