Gov. Nikki Haley will host seven town hall forums around the state, dubbed "The Movement," next week where she will unveil legislative report cards for the previous legislative session and an agenda for the upcoming legislative session.
These events are free and open to the public, and the governor will take questions from South Carolinians at each event.
The town hall schedule is as follows:
- Rock Hill: 6:30 p.m. Oct. 3 at DiGiorgio Campus Center's Richardson Ballroom, Winthrop University, 2020 Alumni Drive.
- Irmo: 6 p.m. Oct. 4 at Dutch Fork High School, 1400 Old Tamah Road.
- Aiken: 6:30 p.m. Oct. 5 at Aiken City Hall’s Municipal Auditorium, 215 The Alley.
- Bluffton: 6:30 p.m. Oct. 11 at Bluffton High School, 12 H.E. McCracken Circle.
- Charleston: 11 a.m. Oct. 15 at Alumni Memorial Hall in Randolph Hall, College of Charleston, 66 George St.
- Duncan: 5:30 p.m. Oct. 17 at District Five Fine Arts Center, Byrnes High School, 150 E. Main St.
- Florence: 6:30 p.m. Oct. 18 at Francis Marion University Performing Arts Center, 201 S. Dargan St.
In addition to these town halls, Haley will visit the Summerville area Friday:
- 11:30 a.m. at , 118 W. 3rd South St. The governor will speak during the Greater Summerville/Dorchester County Chamber of Commerce Industry Appreciation Luncheon.
- 1:30 p.m. at Pinewood Preparatory School, 1114 Orangeburg Road.