Summerville Town Council met Monday for its regular finance committee meeting.
Here are the votes:
- Council unanimously authorized a purchase order to Benson Chrysler in the amount of $23,701 on state contract for a 2012 Doge Charger to replace police vehicle No. 181. The purchase will be paid from insurance proceeds in the amount of $9,419 and federal drug funds in the amount of $14,282.
- Council unanimously authorized a purchase order to Bridgeway Solutions in the amount of $43,278 for a Salamander Command Package for the Incident Management Team. This will go to the fire department. The purchase will be paid from 2011 State Homeland Security grant funds.
- Council unanimously authorized awarding a bid and issue of purchase to O.L. Thompson Construction for construction of sidewalks and necessary drainage improvements on W. 1st North St. The full price of $260,410 will be paid from 2010 Community Block grant funds ($198,189) and road improvement funds ($62,222).
- Council unanimously authorized a purchase order to Fastenal for a thermal brake wheel imager for the maintenance department. The sum of $6,573 will be paid from budgeted capital funds.
- Council unanimously voted to approve funds for a skate park near Spann Elementary. Council approved $50,000, at the estimation by Parks and Rec Director Doyle Best, which will come from the impact fees fund.
- Council unanimously approved submitting the 2012 Justice Assistance Grant in the amount of $11,058, with no match required, for the purchase of scanners and printers to support use of the S.C. Collision and Ticket Tracking software.
- Council unanimously accepted Verizon Wireless' donation of building and equipment located at 300 W. 2nd North St.